To submit your paper please log into the Submission Server
- Abstract submission deadline 23rd of April 2010, midnight PT
- Paper submission deadline 30th of April 2010, midnight PT
- Notification to authors on 21st of June 2010
- Camera ready due on 4th of July
- Papers must be written in English and formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines
The maximum length is 16
pages, including all figures, tables, references and appendix (if any).
- The papers will not be reviewed double-blind. Please include your name and affiliation in the submission, as well as full references to your relevant prior work.
- Authors will not submit any paper which is under review elsewhere or which has been accepted for publication in a journal or another conference; neither will they submit their papers elsewhere during the review period of ECML PKDD 2010 (please see the note below about KDD 2010).
Submissions that deviate from these guidelines may be rejected without consideration.
Reviewing Process and Publication
Each paper will be reviewed by 3 PC members under the supervision of 1 area-chair (meta-reviewer). Selection criteria include soundness and reproducibility, originality, boldness with respect to theory or applications.
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer, Lecture Notes in AI series. Further, following last years tradition, a selection of the submitted papers will be published directly in two special issues, of Machine Learning Journal and Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery respectively.
Deadline Coincidence with SIGKDD 2010
We note that the paper submission deadline coincides with the KDD notification date. This is accidental
For authors who wish to keep open the option of submitting to ECMLPKDD papers being currently under evaluation at KDD, by common agreement with KDD 2010 Chairs, we clarify that:
- It is allowed to submit abstracts
of papers that are currently under review in KDD. If the paper is accepted in KDD the authors should immediately withdraw their submission from ECMLPKDD
- There will be no extension of the ECMLPKDD deadline, even if the KDD notification is delayed.
Journals Publication Agreements